Wildlife Tours / Trips
Predators & Great Migration Phototour - 2018
Masai Mara, Kenya. 7 Days/ 6 Nights Photography Tour
Batch1: Tour begins at Nairobi 11th Aug 2018 and ends at Nairobi on afternoon of 17th Aug 2018
Batch2: Tour begins at Nairobi 17th Aug 2018 and ends at Nairobi on afternoon of 23th Aug 2018
Optional Tour: Batch1 has Pre-tour option of 3D/2N, Lake Nakuru National Park ( Tour starts on 9th August)
Batch2 has Post-tour option of 3D/2N , Amboseli National Park ( Tour ends on 26th August)
This Safari tour is planned by photographer for photographers & Nature lovers. From experience of over 7 years in conducting photography tour to Masai Mara, we had sourced best camp & guide, to make African safari experience affordable and equally productive. Cost effective doesn’t meant we compromised on any factor which is essential for best photography opportunities. This safari is for really for anyone who is serious, either about wildlife and nature photography, or about in-depth, intense and patient animal viewing. Non-photographing companions are also welcome only if they have temperament of remain patient.
Highlights of Tour:
Location of our camp: We made choice of camp such that it located right in middle of Masai Mara National Reserve. Masai Mara s very huge park, so if you located in middle you have all happening places within short distance. When you have important species right near to your camp, you don’t lose very important photography light i.e. Morning first light & Evening last light driving in search of animals.
Customized photography vehicle: Safari vehicles will be 4x4 Toyota Land Cruisers, appositely modified for wildlife photography, with opening roof hatches for 360 degree view, large side windows for comfortable photography. It has metal bar running right around roof to install your super clamps & ball or gimbal heads. Each vehicle will have good number of bean bags.
Professional photography understanding guides: Our guides are not Nairobi based tour operators’ guide who visit parks only when they have clients. Our guides are local Masai warriors, and grown up in & around Mara. They are qualified & certified from KATO and has years of experience working with professional photographers. They understand very well about light direction & placement of safari vehicle, to get best photography angles. Even when they don’t drive guest, they remain in Mara, so knows day to day development in Mara.
Experienced Mentor: Your tour mentor has 7 years of travelling experience to Mara during migration season. He himself is naturalist & award winning photographer. His years of experience will help you preparation for tour, develop required skills and make most out of available situation during course of tour.
Free Welcome Kit: Once registration is done, Participants will get E-book “Making most of Masai Mara Tour”, a 32 page book will guide to train yourself about various photography opportunities arise during Mara tour and how to make most of those moments. So that you return back with some amazing collection rather then many usual photographs. Also each participant will receive, all weather Photography Jacket, Tour T-shirt & Beanbag.
Botswana Wildlife Phototour-2018
(Kasane 2Nights- Savuti 2Nights –Khwai 3Nights –Maun 1Night)
9 Days/ 8 Nights, Nature & Wildlife photography tour. Total seats 12 No’s, FULL
1. Dates: All Participants should arrive on 22nd Sept 2018 at Kasane (Botswana) by lunch. Tour Ends on 30th September 2018 at Maun (Botswana).
2. Participants: This safari is really NOT for Everyone, Only those:
- Who is serious, either about wildlife and nature photography, or about in-depth, intense and patient animal viewing.
- Those who want to Experience African wildlife in older ways, “Sleeping under canvas in open wilderness”, and feel "Excited & not scared", about being in wilderness at night with just a thin layer of canvas between you and roaring lion or laughing Hyena.
- Those who not expecting large spread of buffet, but want to enjoy tasty meals under open African sky with freshly baked bread in wood fire Oven.
- Those who want to connect with nature world and disconnect with social world, as we will be camping in total wilderness with no network for 5days out of 9days tour.
- Those who want to create memorable photographs with emphasis on environment, and not only looking for tight face portraits only.
3. Tour Highlights:
- Opportunity to photograph African wildlife from: “Water, Land & Air ”
- Chobe river Boat safari, photography largest congregation of African Elephant.
- 5 nights if Mobile Camping in African wilderness.
- Aerial photography over the Okavango Delta by “Charter Helicopter”
- Night Safari & on foot in Khwai area.
- Predators & Great Migration Phototour - 2018
- Botswana Wildlife Phototour-2018
- Land of Heavy-weight Herbivores & Feathered Beauties-2018
- Magical Grassland - Photography workshop @ Corbett
- Tiger Trail - Photography Workshop @ Ranthambhore
- Predators & Great Migration Photo Tour -2016
- Botswana Wildlife Photo Tour -2016
- Best of Kenya Photo Tour-2016
- Corbett Tour - 2016
- Land of Heavy weight Herbivores & Feathered Beauties-2016
- Corbett Tour - 2015
- Mountain Gorilla Tracking -Virunga volcanoes, Rwanda
- Predators and Great Migration 2015
- Predators and Great Migration 2014
- Land of Heavy weights Herbivores & Feathered Beauties
- Predators And Great Migration
Spent a week with Yashpal rathore in Masai mara to witness the annual wildebeest migration in yr 2013. This was my first visit to the Mara, I opted for Yashpal as our mentor to see the Mara as he sees it. We stayed near the junction of the Talek and the Olare orok rivers right in the heart of the Mara in a small camp, comfortable and right in the heart of the action.
We were a group of four and Yashpal accompanied us to the safari and we driven by Simon, our Masai Guide. Usually the safaris were full day, every moment spend on safari was worthwhile, light was fantastic, wildlife was in abundance and Yashpal and Simon could be relied upon to place the vehicle in anticipation of a likely photo-opportunity.
I would have no hesitation to recommend Yashpal as a mentor for anybody planning to visit MARA, his organization Nature glimpses can be relied upon to give the highest level of customization possible in the most reasonable price. Yashpals planning and co-ordination with the local guides and camp managers was perfect and we were specially looked after, including a special Indian meal right in the heart of MARA under a starlit sky with the constant snorting of the Hippos in the pool below.
Dipanker Mazumdar (Architect), New Delhi
I would like to take this opportunity & chance to thank Mr Yashpal Rathore, for such an amazing experience we had in Kaziranga last week ( Feb 2014). Everything was planned to minute detail and all the logistics were perfect. Timing was superb & we could easily record 40+ photographable species in birds & off course innumerable photo opportunities for mammals. Yashpal is a no nonsense guy, knowing him from last 2 years, I have understood that he organizes things only for serious nature photographers. I can vouch for the economics of the whole trip which was very reasonable....Cheers
Dr Eash Hoskote, Bangalore
I had my first tiger safari to Tadoba Tiger reserve with my friend last June 2013. We had awesome sighting and thanks Yashpal for great experience.
Madhusudan , Bangalore
We have been to Kenya on "Predators & Great migration 2013" trip to Kenya with Yashpal Rathore, what a memorable trip it was. Selection of camp and guide was excellent. We wish to join him again next year.
Anand Sachdeva (Architect) , New Delhi
I like travelling with you, as your trips are well planned and economical. I am Looking forward for next Kaziranga trip in Feb 2014.
S. R. Gopalan, Bangalore