Wildlife Tours / Trips
Botswana Wildlife Photo Tour -2016
Victoria falls-Chobe National Park-Okavango Delta
(11 Days/ 10 Nights, Nature & Wildlife photography tour. Total seats 8 No, Full ) Tour completed
1. Dates: All Participants should arrive on 23rd Sept 2016 at Livingstone (Zambia). Tour Ends on 3rd Oct 2016 at Maun (Botswana).
2. Participants: This safari is really NOT for Everyone, Only those:
- Who is serious, either about wildlife and nature photography, or about in-depth, intense and patient animal viewing.
- Those who want to Experience African wildlife in older ways, “Sleeping under canvas in open wilderness”, and feel "Excited & not scared", about being in wilderness at night with just a thin layer of canvas between you and roaring lion or laughing Hyena.
3. Tour Highlights:
- Opportunity to photograph African wildlife from: “Water, Land & Air ”
- Visit to one of 7 natural wonder, “Victoria falls”.
- Chobe river Boat safari in special “Voyager photo boats”.
- Camping in African wilderness.
- Aerial photography over the Okavango Delta by “Charter Helicopter”
- Night Safari in Khwai area & exploring Okavango delta by mokoro (the local canoe)
4. Destinations: On this safari you will visit three different natural destination of Africa:
- Victoria Falls, the local tribes used to call the waterfall Mosi-o-Tunya “The smoke that thunders”. Is the Longest waterfall.
- Chobe River & National Park, its elephant Mecca. Chobe National Park, which boasts one of the largest concentrations of game in Africa
- The lush green Okavango Delta – a World Heritage Site. The Okavango Delta is one of the richest wetland habitats in the world.
5. Detail Programme
Day1: On your arrival at Livingstone International Airport, Meet your guide, a 10-15 min drive to Nearby Zambezi river front Lodge overnight stay. Victoria fall has lots of activities to chose from like: Sunset boat cruise, Bungee jumping, white water river rafting, and visit to Devil’s Island or Helicopter/Microlight flight over waterfalls. Participants are free to choose activities on their own cost. (Full Board)
|Voyager on Chobe river, our house for 3 days||Double bed cabin on Voyager|
|Deck to enjoy sunset with a drink||Lounge to discuss aspects of photography|
Day2: Post breakfast Half day tour to visit Victoria fall. We will view waterfall from both Zambia & Zimbabwe side. Post lunch, cross boarder by road to Kasane town (Botswana) about 80-90km. We will be transferred by smaller boat for our unique houseboat adventure. We have booked an exclusive vessel for our group, which also offers 2 No customized photo boats, this allowing us open accesses to explore the stunning waterways of one of Africa’s greatest wildlife regions. This comfortable vessel is fully fitted with good sized cabins, chef for delicious daily meals and access to locations that few photographers have visited before. Sun downers are on the deck with a drink and camera in hand! Accommodation: Voyager HouseBoat. (B,L,D)
|Customised Photo boat, 360 degree chair rotation||Two of such 4 seater boat attached to Voyager|
Day 3: Full day on Chobe River exploring new locations with our local expert guides and your photography guides to help you shoot amazing images. You will not believe how close we get to big game, Elephant, hippo and other birds on boat. Accommodation: Voyager HouseBoat. (B,L,D)
|Mobile camping in 3mtr *3mtr en-suite dome tents||Proper bed & Mattresses with pillow, sheet & Blanket|
Day 4: After morning boat safari on Chobe river, our houseboat adventure is over this morning. We transfer to Kasane, where we embark Safari Landrover & drive to Central part of Chobe National Park, “Savuti”. The Savuti Marsh has been the stage for many of the most dramatic wildlife documentaries in Africa. The wide open country, good ungulate populations and particularly strong prides of lion and hyena clans make for dramatic wildlife interaction and excellent viewing opportunities. The marsh is also prime cheetah country and it is not unusual to have the African wild dog hunting here in Savuti. Camping at Savuti (Full Board)
|Dinning under open African sky||
Large open windows,Top removable,Support for bean bags
Day 5 & 6: SAVUTI (CHOBE NATIONAL PARK) Exploration days: On your full day in Savuti, you may choose between whether you would prefer to do a morning and afternoon game drive returning for lunch in camp or perhaps you would like to go out for the whole day with a packed picnic lunch. Camping at Savuti ( Full Board)
Day 7: After morning game drive, late breakfast, we will move to next campsite on the fringes of Okavango delta,”Khwai Community Area”. The Khwai region boasts excellent populations of both bull elephant as well as breeding herds. Lion, Leopard, Serval and African wildcat are common predators of the region. Camping at Khwai (Full board)
Leisure Mokoro ride through channels of Okavango Delta
Day 8 & 9: Khwai (at North-eastern Part of Okavango Delta) Exploration days: We have chosen Khwai over Moremi NP as Khwai been private community area, we will have flexibility of following wildlife off track and exploring the Khwai floodplains on game drives both during the day and at night. Exploring after dark with spotlights offers you an opportunity to experience some of the nocturnal animals that are rarely encountered during the day. Camping at Khwai (Full board)
Day 10: On this last day of Safari, we will further explore new areas till lunch. Post lunch we will drive to Maun. We will arrive at evening to comfortable lodge at Maun. (Full Board)
|Ariel view of Okavango Delta||We chose Helicopter as it large window will offer better view|
Day 11: On last day of your tour, we will take charter helicopter to get panoramic view of Okavango delta. We remove the doors of the helicopter for scenic flights in order to give you the best possible view & priceless memories and stunning photographic opportunities. Post lunch tour ends; we take return flight from Maun to Johannesburg
8. Tour Cost
Tour cost per person
Tour cost pp without Helicopter flight over Delta
The rate includes:
· Accommodation on full board for 10 nights.
· Seat on 4x4 stretched Land Cruiser with 4 rows plus driver row;
· Unlimited game drives and transfers/drop to airport;
· Park entry fees for all parks ;
· Guiding service by certified & English speaking Guide.
The rate does not include:
· Drinks and other extras in the lodges;
· International flights
· Visa Charges
· Any other item not expressly mentioned above.
Deposit of $1000 for blocking of seat (non-refundable). The due balance 3 months before departure date.
- Magical Grassland - Photography workshop @ Corbett
- Tiger Trail - Photography Workshop @ Ranthambhore
- Predators & Great Migration Photo Tour -2016
- Botswana Wildlife Photo Tour -2016
- Best of Kenya Photo Tour-2016
- Corbett Tour - 2016
- Corbett Tour - 2015
- Mountain Gorilla Tracking -Virunga volcanoes, Rwanda
- Predators and Great Migration 2015
- Predators and Great Migration 2014
- Land of Heavy weights Herbivores & Feathered Beauties
- Predators And Great Migration
Spent a week with Yashpal rathore in Masai mara to witness the annual wildebeest migration in yr 2013. This was my first visit to the Mara, I opted for Yashpal as our mentor to see the Mara as he sees it. We stayed near the junction of the Talek and the Olare orok rivers right in the heart of the Mara in a small camp, comfortable and right in the heart of the action.
We were a group of four and Yashpal accompanied us to the safari and we driven by Simon, our Masai Guide. Usually the safaris were full day, every moment spend on safari was worthwhile, light was fantastic, wildlife was in abundance and Yashpal and Simon could be relied upon to place the vehicle in anticipation of a likely photo-opportunity.
I would have no hesitation to recommend Yashpal as a mentor for anybody planning to visit MARA, his organization Nature glimpses can be relied upon to give the highest level of customization possible in the most reasonable price. Yashpals planning and co-ordination with the local guides and camp managers was perfect and we were specially looked after, including a special Indian meal right in the heart of MARA under a starlit sky with the constant snorting of the Hippos in the pool below.
Dipanker Mazumdar (Architect), New Delhi
I would like to take this opportunity & chance to thank Mr Yashpal Rathore, for such an amazing experience we had in Kaziranga last week ( Feb 2014). Everything was planned to minute detail and all the logistics were perfect. Timing was superb & we could easily record 40+ photographable species in birds & off course innumerable photo opportunities for mammals. Yashpal is a no nonsense guy, knowing him from last 2 years, I have understood that he organizes things only for serious nature photographers. I can vouch for the economics of the whole trip which was very reasonable....Cheers
Dr Eash Hoskote, Bangalore
I had my first tiger safari to Tadoba Tiger reserve with my friend last June 2013. We had awesome sighting and thanks Yashpal for great experience.
Madhusudan , Bangalore
We have been to Kenya on "Predators & Great migration 2013" trip to Kenya with Yashpal Rathore, what a memorable trip it was. Selection of camp and guide was excellent. We wish to join him again next year.
Anand Sachdeva (Architect) , New Delhi
I like travelling with you, as your trips are well planned and economical. I am Looking forward for next Kaziranga trip in Feb 2014.
S. R. Gopalan, Bangalore