Wildlife Tours / Trips
Botswana Wildlife Phototour-2018
(Kasane 2Nights- Savuti 2Nights –Khwai 3Nights –Maun 1Night)
9 Days/ 8 Nights, Nature & Wildlife photography tour. Total seats 12 No’s, FULL
1. Dates: All Participants should arrive on 22nd Sept 2018 at Kasane (Botswana) by lunch. Tour Ends on 30th September 2018 at Maun (Botswana).
2. Participants: This safari is really NOT for Everyone, Only those:
- Who is serious, either about wildlife and nature photography, or about in-depth, intense and patient animal viewing.
- Those who want to Experience African wildlife in older ways, “Sleeping under canvas in open wilderness”, and feel "Excited & not scared", about being in wilderness at night with just a thin layer of canvas between you and roaring lion or laughing Hyena.
- Those who not expecting large spread of buffet, but want to enjoy tasty meals under open African sky with freshly baked bread in wood fire Oven.
- Those who want to connect with nature world and disconnect with social world, as we will be camping in total wilderness with no network for 5days out of 9days tour.
- Those who want to create memorable photographs with emphasis on environment, and not only looking for tight face portraits only.
3. Tour Highlights:
- Opportunity to photograph African wildlife from: “Water, Land & Air ”
- Chobe river Boat safari, photography largest congregation of African Elephant.
- 5 nights if Mobile Camping in African wilderness.
- Aerial photography over the Okavango Delta by “Charter Helicopter”
- Night Safari & on foot in Khwai area.
4. Destinations: On this safari you will visit three different natural destination of Africa:
- Chobe River & National Park, its elephant Mecca. Chobe National Park, which boasts one of the largest concentrations of game in Africa
- The lush green Okavango Delta – a World Heritage Site. The Okavango Delta is one of the richest wetland habitats in the world.
5. Detail Program
Day1: On your arrival at Kasane , a small frontier town of north Botswana and activity hub for Chobe River Boating. Kasane is well connected with Johannesburg by flight. You will be transferred from Airport to hotel a 10-15min drive on Bank of Chobe River. Post lunch we embark on small size boats for lower level photography, book exclusively for our group for our first afternoon safari. Overnight stay at Kasane ( L, D).
Boat Safari along Chobe river provide excellent opportunity
to photograph wildlife upclose
We use Smaller boats 6-8 seats, which can go near river bank and
deck is very low at level
During summers, as water level of river falls, Small Island in middle of river emerges out and fresh grass grows on fertile land on
these island acts as magnet for herds of elephant. from Boat we can create some new perspective of Elephants.
Day 2: Full day on Chobe River exploring new locations with our local expert guides and your photography guides to help you shoot amazing images. You will not believe how close we get to big game, Elephant, hippo and other birds on boat. Overnight stay at Kasane (Full Board)
Day 3: After morning boat safari on Chobe river, our engagement with Chobe river is over this morning. We embark Safari Landrover & drive to Central part of Chobe National Park, “Savuti”. The Savuti Marsh has been the stage for many of the most dramatic wildlife documentaries in Africa. The wide open country, good ungulate populations and particularly strong prides of lion and hyena clans make for dramatic wildlife interaction and excellent viewing opportunities. The marsh is also prime cheetah country and it is not unusual to have the African wild dog hunting here in Savuti. Camping at Savuti (Full Board)
Our tents will be in open wilderness, no fence can expect
guest this elephant at day and other animals in night
|Campsite in Night, Good time to try Start Photography|
|Mobile Camping in 3mtr*3mtr en-suite Dome tents||Bed & Mattresses with pillow, Sheet & Blanket|
Day 4 : SAVUTI (CHOBE NATIONAL PARK) Exploration days: On your full day in Savuti, you may choose between whether you would prefer to do a morning and afternoon game drive returning for lunch in camp or perhaps you would like to go out for the whole day with a packed picnic lunch. Camping at Savuti (Full Board)
|Vehicle has charging station and Refrigerator||Safari vehicle has open large window with support for Beanbag|
|Lunch after morning Season, food taste amazing in woods||Trying Ground level shots at Hippo-pool|
Day 5: After morning game drive, late breakfast, we will move to next campsite on the fringes of Okavango delta,”Khwai Community Area”. The Khwai region boasts excellent populations of both bull elephant as well as breeding herds. Lion, Leopard, Serval and African wildcat are common predators of the region. Camping at Khwai (Full board)
Day 6 & 7: Khwai (at North-eastern Part of Okavango Delta) Exploration days: We have chosen Khwai over Moremi NP as Khwai been private community area, we will have flexibility of following wildlife off track and exploring the Khwai floodplains on game drives both during the day and at night. Exploring after dark with spotlights offers you an opportunity to experience some of the nocturnal animals that are rarely encountered during the day. Camping at Khwai (Full board)
Day 8: On this last day of Safari, we will further explore new areas till lunch. Post lunch we will drive to Maun. We will arrive at evening to comfortable lodge at Maun. (Full Board)
Day 9: On last day of your tour, we will take charter helicopter to get panoramic view of Okavango delta. We remove the doors of the helicopter for scenic flights in order to give you the best possible view & priceless memories and stunning photographic opportunities. Post lunch tour ends; we take return flight from Maun to Johannesburg (B)
8. Tour Cost
Tour cost per person
Tour cost pp without Helicopter flight over Delta
The rate includes:
· Accommodation on full board for 8 nights, double occupancy.
· Seat on 4x4 stretched Land Cruiser with 4 rows plus driver row;
· Unlimited game drives and transfers/drop to airport;
· Park entry fees for all parks ;
· Guiding service by certified & English speaking Guide.
The rate does not include:
· Drinks and other extras in the lodges;
· International flights
· Visa Charges
· Any other item not expressly mentioned above.
Deposit of $1000 for blocking of seat (non-refundable). The due balance 3 months before departure date. We need to book require limited campsite well in advance. so tour booking closes in December 2017.
- Predators & Great Migration Phototour - 2018
- Botswana Wildlife Phototour-2018
- Land of Heavy-weight Herbivores & Feathered Beauties-2018
- Magical Grassland - Photography workshop @ Corbett
- Tiger Trail - Photography Workshop @ Ranthambhore
- Predators & Great Migration Photo Tour -2016
- Botswana Wildlife Photo Tour -2016
- Best of Kenya Photo Tour-2016
- Corbett Tour - 2016
- Land of Heavy weight Herbivores & Feathered Beauties-2016
- Corbett Tour - 2015
- Mountain Gorilla Tracking -Virunga volcanoes, Rwanda
- Predators and Great Migration 2015
- Predators and Great Migration 2014
- Land of Heavy weights Herbivores & Feathered Beauties
- Predators And Great Migration
Spent a week with Yashpal rathore in Masai mara to witness the annual wildebeest migration in yr 2013. This was my first visit to the Mara, I opted for Yashpal as our mentor to see the Mara as he sees it. We stayed near the junction of the Talek and the Olare orok rivers right in the heart of the Mara in a small camp, comfortable and right in the heart of the action.
We were a group of four and Yashpal accompanied us to the safari and we driven by Simon, our Masai Guide. Usually the safaris were full day, every moment spend on safari was worthwhile, light was fantastic, wildlife was in abundance and Yashpal and Simon could be relied upon to place the vehicle in anticipation of a likely photo-opportunity.
I would have no hesitation to recommend Yashpal as a mentor for anybody planning to visit MARA, his organization Nature glimpses can be relied upon to give the highest level of customization possible in the most reasonable price. Yashpals planning and co-ordination with the local guides and camp managers was perfect and we were specially looked after, including a special Indian meal right in the heart of MARA under a starlit sky with the constant snorting of the Hippos in the pool below.
Dipanker Mazumdar (Architect), New Delhi
I would like to take this opportunity & chance to thank Mr Yashpal Rathore, for such an amazing experience we had in Kaziranga last week ( Feb 2014). Everything was planned to minute detail and all the logistics were perfect. Timing was superb & we could easily record 40+ photographable species in birds & off course innumerable photo opportunities for mammals. Yashpal is a no nonsense guy, knowing him from last 2 years, I have understood that he organizes things only for serious nature photographers. I can vouch for the economics of the whole trip which was very reasonable....Cheers
Dr Eash Hoskote, Bangalore
I had my first tiger safari to Tadoba Tiger reserve with my friend last June 2013. We had awesome sighting and thanks Yashpal for great experience.
Madhusudan , Bangalore
We have been to Kenya on "Predators & Great migration 2013" trip to Kenya with Yashpal Rathore, what a memorable trip it was. Selection of camp and guide was excellent. We wish to join him again next year.
Anand Sachdeva (Architect) , New Delhi
I like travelling with you, as your trips are well planned and economical. I am Looking forward for next Kaziranga trip in Feb 2014.
S. R. Gopalan, Bangalore